It’s Earth Day today, but every day is a good one to think about how we can save our planet. Here are five small ways we can all help…
- Never throw away water. If you or your pets need fresh water, use the water in the glass or bowl and water your plants with it.
- Hold on that flush. “Poo do, pee don’t” is a pretty self-explanatory rhyme, right? If you have pets who drink out of the toilet, keep the lid down. But you know that! Hopefully.
- Take re-usable bags to shop so you avoid plastic or paper bags. Use bags that aren’t re-usable for garbage can liners.
- Clean up after your dog. (This one is personal.)
- Grow things. Plants of any kind add beauty, you can learn to grow medicinal or edibles, like herbs, and you can get closer to nature.
If you’d like to do a little more, consider supporting Biodiversity for a Livable Climate, The BOA Foundation, and Yorenkata Sorentsi.
And don’t forget to pet a cat or a dog every day! It’ll cheer you up.